Thursday, February 11, 2010

Okay LETS DO THIS

So my therapist said she thinks it would be good if I tried to journal somehow everyday to keep my mind relaxed and not let my emotions build up, so I'm going to do just that. Lets face it, I hate writing, it hurts my hand but while I'm wasting time on the computer I might as well type right!

Not really sure I have much of anything to say today but I did have therapy early this morning and she asked me to read a book about Children of Alcoholics, and I couldn't find it anywhere but I did find a similar book and I must say that I feel that this book and the things it says about children of alcoholics is really eye-opening.

The one thing that I'm not quite to yet but I'm interested to read is more about the statement "Adult children of alcoholics judge themselves without mercy." I do this. I do this A LOT. I can't go a day without judging myself in some way and even when people tell me I'm judging myself wrongly I think "well you don't know anything about me so how could you possibly know" its a hard thing to deal with to say the least.

I also think I'll use this blog to kind of document my day, and as boring as that is I'm not writing this for anyone but myself. Thats what I need to realize in order to get better, I need to be okay with myself before I can be okay with other people.

Anyways...what did I do today? I went to therapy at 8:30 am which is RIDICULOUSLY early for me. But thats the point, gotta get out of my depression so I gotta start getting out of bed. After therapy I went to the library to look for the book but couldn't find it so I got the Adult Children of Alcoholics book and Benjamin Button on dvd lol. Then I met my parents for breakfast/early lunch at village in. After that my mom went with me to the used bookstore then to Barnes and Noble, Jamba Juice and Target. I bought Shutter Island at B&N....why did anyone tell me this was a book?! So now I must finish it before the movie because thats what I DO! At target I got some socks and bermuda shorts, sweat pant style. So comfy.

When I got home, I took a nap. Then I ate some food and read for a while.

This is insanely boring but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment