Friday, March 19, 2010

Alice in mehhhhh

I'm about to kill everyone's opinion of this movie. I have heard that it was either VERY GOOD or VERY BAD. However, I don't want to take either of those sides. I rate it 'Meh' I got bored to be honest. I didn't find it good at all. The girl who played Alice was simplistic and lovely. Johnny Depp was horrid, there I said it...off with my head?...I just didn't see him doing anything differently than he has done in ALL his other movies with Burton.

I am glad that Burton chose to mix Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass...other than that I felt it was just sooooo Burton...dark...I'm beginning to feel like thats all he can do, but hey if it gets him the fans and the money then I guess thats what he wants?

Well...I'll talk positive because my therapist tells me I'm too negative. SO! Alan Rickman as the voice of the caterpillar was genius. The flashback to Alice as a girl was wonderful. And uhmm...THE CLOTHES! Alice's dresses literally made me squeal at points. I want to make the red one! OH GOD IT WAS GREAT.

But overall, didn't enjoy the movie, glad I didn't waste the money to see it.

I was hoping for more, from Johnny Depp especially, he's been going downhill in my opinion for a while with his "Burton characters" so I was hoping he would prove me wrong, he didn't. Sad day.

Oh and why did both the Mad Hatter and the Red Queen have lisps? I found that annoying. Like Burton was trying to make them unique but instead they came off just dumb.

But yes, honestly the clothes made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment