Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend in the Fort

So this weekend I went up to Fort Collins because my cousin said she would pay me to watch her kids thursday night and during the weekend so she could see Alice in Wonderland at midnight then randomly do things during the weekend without having to worry about the kids. Well since I have no job, and I missed my friends in Fo Co I went up there. It was a pretty easy job to watch those kiddos considering most of the time I was in charge of them they were sleeping.

It really annoys me when my aunt assumes that just because I'm young means that I don't know how to take care of a child. For example, Theresa took Riley to school on friday and had to take Winny (their dog) with them because the class was learning about pets. So Theresa didn't want to have to wake up Jack and then worry about controlling a dog and a 1 year old while a bunch of pre-schoolers were excited. So I stayed at her house while Jack slept, then my Aunt Norma came over and when Jack woke up he immediately started screaming for his mama and thats normal so I just told him his mama would be home soon and he actually stopped screaming, kind of just started whining a bit. So I walk into the living room with him and my aunt says that he won't cry if she holds him, so of course I'm annoyed because she was all high and mighty so I hand him over and lo and behold he starts SCREAMING! Ugh. Thanks for ruining the quiet child.

Although being around that kids that much makes me realize that sometime in the future, after I marry my rich husband, that I do want to have a family. Just kidding about the rich husband part (or am I?) anyways YEAH.

I got to see my friends Madison, Sean, Shane and KIM! It was nice. I do miss my peoples. But at the same time every time I go to Fort Collins I remember the many reasons why I didn't like that town. The people are not the reason I hate it, mostly its the drivers and the loud people.

So I got home to a fridge stocked full of food, and my room was cleaned and Art had finally taken all of his golf shit out of my closet so there's more room...

Oscars are on tonight...but I haven't seen any of the nominated movies so I'll just watch highlights online tomorrow. This is odd for me because I am usually an avid awards show watcher. But I kind of feel like just sitting here in sweats, watching some Sex and the City and doing the blogs about what I love. Maybe that'll make me feel better!

Random post, the next one will maybe be more clever! MAYBE!

1 comment:

  1. The Oscars were pretty lame actually. I turned it on half way through once I got to Ft Collins..and all the awards were about the technical stuff :( It was pretty lame. It was exciting at the end of course..but other than that ye didn't miss much :)

    I agree about the Ft Collins thing..I miss it, but then I get up here and I don't. I never realized how much of a "college town" it really is.

    ReplyDelete